Terms of Service
I. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This website is operated by Jan Čugalj s.p. (hereinafter referred to as Cerris Design Studio). Throughout the site, the terms “I”, “we”, “us” and “our” also refer to Cerris Design Studio. The content published on the website www.cerrisdesignstudio.com is the property of Jan Čugalj s.p. (Balantičeva street 20, 1234 Mengeš, Slovenia) and may be used solely for non-commercial purposes with the specified copyright warnings included and may therefore not be copied, reproduced or broadcast in any other way.
Cerris Design Studio offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here. By visiting our site and/or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services.
The Cerris Design Studio Terms and Conditions have been written in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act (ZVPot-UPB2), on the basis of CCIS (Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia) recommendations and international e-business codes. These General Terms and Conditions cover the operation of Jan Čugalj s.p. user rights, and the business relationship between the provider and the buyer.
Our store is hosted on Squarespace Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
II. THE AVAILABILITY OF INFORMATION
The Provider undertakes to ensure the availability of the following information to the Buyer:
a. company identity (company name and address, register number),
b. contact details for fast and effective communication (e-mail or phone),
c. key properties of goods or services (including after-sales services and warranties),
d. the availability of items (any item or service offered on the website should be available within a reasonable period of time),
e. conditions of delivery of goods or the implementation of services (method, place and period of delivery),
f. all prices shall be stated clearly and unambiguously, with a clear indication of whether they include taxes and shipping fees,
g. method of payment and delivery,
h. duration of the offer,
i. the period within which it is possible to cancel the contract, the conditions of cancellation, and the cost of cancellation (if applicable),
j. the complaint procedure, including the relevant information on a contact person or customer service center.
Cerris Design Studio reserves the right to change the website content without prior notice. These General Terms and Conditions are made in accordance with the current Slovenian legislation.
Jan Čugalj s.p.
Balantičeva 20; 1234, Mengeš; Slovenia
III. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Cerris Design Studio accepts no liability for any consequences arising from the use of the above websites and the content published there. The company accepts no liability for any consequences arising from the information published on the website. Cerris Design Studio accepts no liability for any viruses transmitted to users from this website and strongly recommends that users protect themselves from viruses before transferring any information from this website. Cerris Design Studio shall not be liable for the occasional inaccessibility of the website, any inaccurate information or any damage arising from the use of inaccurate or incomplete information. Neither Cerris Design Studio nor any other legal or natural entity involved in the design or creation of these websites shall therefore be liable for any damage arising from the access to, use of, or inability to access the information published on these websites, or for any incorrect or incomplete content.
In no case shall Cerris Design Studio be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility.
We reserve the right to direct users to other websites and we accept no liability for their content.
Visitors may use the content published on Cerris Design Studio websites solely for personal and non-commercial purposes. The content is protected by copyright. Any other use, copying, publication and distribution of the website content or individual parts thereof without permission from Cerris Design Studio is prohibited.
By confirming your purchase in Cerris Design Studio online shop, you are confirming and agreeing with the following:
- that you are aged 18 or over;
- that you have read the general terms and conditions, the general terms and conditions of website use, and the conditions of visiting and the scope of online shop operations, owned by Jan Čugalj and that you have understood the content of the norms;
- that you will not use our products or services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor will you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws);
- that, in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act (ZVPot), you are in a legally protected situation, as there are cogent norms that prescribe a high level of uniformity when it comes to operating an online shop, while also preventing the provider from making arbitrary decisions and imposing unacceptable restrictions through the general terms and conditions that do not express respect for you;
- that it is unfortunately impossible for you to set your own conditions when submitting an order or during the implementation of a service; Cerris Design Studio conditions are the most suitable and ensure the highest level of security;
- that you have provided genuine obligatory information that will enable us to carry out the order and undertake the delivery to the desired address; if this is not the case, you are causing an unnecessary risk of incorrect service, thus putting the burden of correct implementation on yourself; in the event of abuse, we reserve the right to act, since we take even the possibility of a risk and unjustified exposure of our online shop extremely seriously and consider that to be a severe violation of our rights;
- that you have read particularly carefully the conditions for the purchase and delivery of items and that you expressly agree that the provider shall not be responsible for any consequences arising from providing incorrect and inaccurate information that is generally verifiable; in keeping with business customs, the customer shall be obliged to immediately bring any such information to the attention of the provider;
- that the information required to perform the service is subject to the Personal Data Protection Act; by voluntarily providing your personal information, you expressly agree with providing it and confirm that you are aware of the purpose of collecting that information (purely for the purposes of processing the order and providing the service);
- an order shall be deemed accepted when it is accepted by the provider; at the same time, a contract of sale shall be deemed to have been concluded;
- all published service prices shall remain valid until cancellation and shall not be altered once the order has been accepted;
- a delivery shall be deemed completed when it is accepted by a person at the address provided as the collection point;
- the customer expressly agrees that the provider shall not be responsible for delivery services and third parties, provided that, upon the customer’s request, the provider immediately provides to the customer the complete and correct documentation relating to the order and particularly to proof of correct shipping. In no event can the damage incurred by the customer exceed the value of the order paid by the customer to the provider;
- all personal information required to submit a complete order will be protected with due care and will not be shared with third parties except where permitted by law. In accordance with the content and duration of individual services, your personal information will be stored only until the end of the deadline for submitting objections related to the protection of consumer rights; after this period, your information will only continue to be stored in cases when your permission has been obtained for including you in our newsletter system and for collecting your information for this purpose;
- the employees and outside associates of the online shop that process and use personal information for the purpose of providing online shop services do so strictly within their competences and authorizations, which they have obtained on the basis of your express agreement, which also serves as the legal framework for the use of personal information; these parties undertake to have absolute respect for your restrictions in the area of privacy, while we undertake to notify you of any unauthorized or inadmissible interference with your privacy field;
- the general terms and conditions of operation have been compiled in accordance with the Slovenian legislation and international regulations and directives; any subjects not covered in these general terms and conditions shall be governed by binding legislation, which the parties shall interpret and apply in accordance with the habits and customs at the location of the provider’s registered office;
- in the event of conflicts arising from the material conditions of sale and online shop operation, your objection and the reasons for it will be judged objectively and fairly; if the conflict cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, the complete opinions and business documentation relating to the service shall be submitted for Permanent Arbitration at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia, which shall determine the type of procedure, notify both parties of the procedure and resolve the conflict in accordance with the CCIS rules;
- any conflicts arising from orders for online shop services shall be judged according to the Slovenian legislation, regardless of your residence or delivery location. The practice of determining the competent court in accordance with the location of the service provider’s registered office shall be applied in cases when the customer, while submitting the order, opposes the possibility of out-of-court dispute resolution.
IV. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE ONLINE SHOP
1. The online shop
The online shop www.cerrisdesignstudio.com is Cerris Design Studio online shop.
Our products (especially jewelry) feature different types of wood, various wood finishes such as tung oil, linseed oil, shellac and wax, leather and non-leather cordage, thin and thick chains, chokers, small beads and fastenings, pointy and blunt shapes or features, all of which should be kept out of the reach of children. Jewelry made from wood is delicate and should be handled with care. When you are not wearing the our jewelry please store it in it's protective packing in a dry place. In time wood color can slightly change due to the exposure to light (this applies to all our wood products).
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, re-sellers or distributors. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time. We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
Cerris Design Studio accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information provided on the online shop web pages or for the accuracy and completeness of the text, visual and audio materials. We reserve the right to change technical descriptions and configurations without prior notice. Product images may be illustrative in nature and do not necessarily depict the actual product accurately and entirely (e.g. actual product size). Products that are produced in small series (mainly jewelry) can slightly vary in color and/or texture from the product image, since wood is a natural material and differs from piece to piece; additionally, all carving is made by hand thus slight deviations may appear in the overall design between those products and may also slightly vary from the product image.
We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations.
All the prices published in the online shop are in euros (€ / EUR). Buyers are obliged to pay all the costs related to import duties on goods, including all import charges, in accordance with the applicable legislation of the import country. Buyers are expressly notified about this when making a purchase. The offer applies while supplies last. The prices and discounts valid at the moment of order confirmation apply to the purchase. Prices may be changed without prior notice. If the price listed is lower than the actual product price, Cerris Design Studio shall notify the customer immediately and offer the revised price. The customer can accept the revised price or cancel the order.
Due to the nature of operating online, Cerris Design Studio offer is updated and changed frequently and quickly. Prices are designated as Regular Prices. Regular prices are the prices set by the provider. The Online Price is the price that applies for online purchases. The prices listed do not include shipping fees. Special and promotional offers published on the website apply within their limitations or while supplies last during the specified period. We reserve the right to make mistakes when listing information and the right to change prices without prior notice.
3. Protection of Privacy
Jan Čugalj s.p. will protect your personal information from third parties and only use it to provide Cerris Design Studio services (sending information materials, offers and invoices) and other necessary communication. Under no circumstances will our users’ information be shared with unauthorized persons.
4. The Return of Goods and Complaints
The contract of sale between Jan Čugalj s.p. and the customer is concluded the moment we confirm the order (an e-mail containing a status update will be sent to the customer). The physical copy of the contract of sale shall be stored at the Cerris Design Studio registered office; the customer can access the contract of sale via the confirmation e-mail that was sent when the order was made. From that moment on, all prices and other conditions are final and apply to both parties. The goods can be paid for as described in section 5 of the General Terms and Conditions of the Online Shop.
The return of goods:
Goods can be returned if they do not have the qualities expressly promised by Cerris Design Studio, if the wrong products were sent, if the quantity of the products is wrong or if the goods deviate from your order in any other way. If there was a mistake in issuing the goods, Cerris Design Studio will replace the goods at no extra cost to you. As the buyer, you have the right to notify us by sending a message through the contact page within fourteen (14) days of receipt of the goods that you wish to cancel the contract of sale without stating the reason for your decision. The notice will be deemed to have arrived on time if it was postmarked before the deadline. The customer cancelling the contract of sale will be reimbursed for all payments made with the exception of shipping fees. The returned products must be unused, undamaged and in their original packaging. Also enclosed must be the original proof of purchase and/or the certificate and the receipt. Do not return the goods in a regular envelope, since products can be damaged in the post, rendering the complaint invalid. The only cost that you as the buyer will have in connection with contract cancellation is the shipping fee for returning the goods. When returning the goods, the parcel must be marked as valuable. The goods must be returned to Jan Čugalj; Balantičeva st. 20; 1234, Mengeš; Slovenia. If you wish to use our services (cleaning, repairs, etc.), you can send a message trough this contact form. Cerris Design Studio reserves the right to cancel your order if the product in question is not in stock.
5. Payment Options in the Online Shop
Online shop customers can use the following payment option(s):
- transaction via PayPal (third-party payment processor) to Cerris Design Studio PayPal account
The total cost of the purchase and delivery is listed on the invoice. Until the invoice has been paid in full, the items shall remain the property of Jan Čugalj.
6. Packing and Delivery
When submitting your order, you can choose where you want the goods to be delivered – to the billing address or to another address.
Your order will be sent by the most cost-effective method via Post Office Slovenia. Goods ordered in the Cerris Design Studio online shop will be shipped as soon as possible – usually the next business day if they are in stock. Orders received on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays will be shipped on the first next business day. The total period of delivery inside Slovenia is approximately up to 10 business days. The total period of delivery for international orders may vary depending on the country of destination and cooperating delivery services.
7. Shipping Fees and Information
There are no shipping costs, unless otherwise stated.
Lost shipment, goods damaged in transit and refunds:
If your has not arrived within the estimated shipping time please inform us about the issue by submiting a message on the contact page. We will submit an inquiry about the shipment to the delivery service. If your order is lost in transit you will receive a full refund.
If you receive a package that looks damaged and suspect that the items you ordered might also be damaged, please take a few photos of opening the package and the damaged goods and send them to us. In case your item was damaged during transit, you will also receive a full refund.
8. Information on the web site
We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or timelier sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties. Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
V. PRODUCT SAFETY, WEAR AND CARE
Our products (especially jewelry) feature different types of wood, various wood finishes such as Tung oil, linseed oil, shellac and wax, leather and non-leather cordage, thin and thick chains, chokers, small beads and fastenings, pointy and blunt shapes or features, all of which should be kept out of the reach of children. Jewelry made from wood is delicate and should be handled with care. When you are not wearing our jewelry please store it in its protective packing in a dry place. In time wood color can slightly change due to the exposure to light (this applies to all our wood products).
You may clean our products with cloth moistened with water or a mild soap solution. After cleaning wipe the cleaned product with a dry cloth or a paper towel and let it dry completely before use or storage. While cleaning avoid using strong soaps, aggressive or industrial cleaning products or products that contain alcohol or paint thinners since they can damage our products.
Natural materials can cause skin irritation or allergic reactions in some people. In such cases immediately stop wearing your piece of jewelry and consult your doctor. By purchasing and wearing our jewelry you agree, that you do so at your own risk.
You should avoid submerging in or exposing our products to excessive amounts of water. Showering or swimming with our jewelry should be avoided. With long term use our jewelry can be subject to wear. We do not offer returns for products showing signs of wear and discoloration.
VI. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided 'as is' and 'as available' for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
VII. USER COMMENTS, FEEDBACK, AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS
If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, ‘comments’), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
Last Edited on 9.6. 2017
CERRIS DESIGN STUDIO
Fine Hand Carved Wooden Jewelry, Artworks and Accessories